How Do I
How Do I - LG Fathom VS750 for Verizon 13014 Views Facebook Share Twitter Share
Scenario: Can I customize my Home Screen and change from default?
- Change Home Screen
- Press Windows > Settings > Home > flick left or right to be on the Items Screen > select the box next to which items you’d like to appear on the Home Screen.
More customization is available through the Windows Marketplace with popular themes such as SPB Home. Prices for these applications vary.
Scenario: Am I able to manage my applications to make my phone run faster/more efficient.
Solution: The Fathom has a dedicated Task Manager key located on the right side of the phone near the camera key.
- Press the Task Manager button
- Highlight the program you wish to end/close.
- Press End Task at the bottom of screen.
- Or to close all programs at once.
- Press Menu > End All Tasks
Scenario: Switching from Feature phone to Windows device and want to transfer your contacts from old to new.
Solution: If you are using Backup Assistant, here is how to transfer your contacts using the info from Backup Assistant:
- Go to Verizon Wireless and log into My Verizon. If you do not already have a My Verizon login and password select the “register” link.
- On the My Verizon landing page select either My Contacts” from the account actions the right side of the page, or the “Contacts” button at the top of the page.
- Export the .csv file:
- Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list use "Select All".
- Select the "Export Contacts" function.
- Select the option to export contacts in "CV (Outlook)" format.
- Save the exported .csv file to your computer.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook (or your preferred mail application) and select “Import” from the “File” menu. Additional mail application instructions: Outlook Express, Mac, Entourage.
- Follow the system prompts to import your contacts. To import a .csv file select “Import from another program or file" and then on the following screen.
- (For corporate / enterprise users): Contacts will automatically sync to your Windows Mobile Device via ActiveSync Exchange Server. If you experience issues while syncing please contact your system administrator.
- (For personal users): Personal users are able to sync contacts to their Windows Mobile Device via ActiveSync on Windows XP, and with Windows Mobile Device Center on Windows Vista.
· Plug your device into your computer by using a USB cable or cradle.
· The Synchronization Setup Wizard appears on your computer.
· On your computer, click Next.
· Clear the Synchronize directly with a server check box, and then click Next. (This option will appear only if you use a Microsoft Exchange Server-based Outlook account.)
· Select the check box next to each information type you want to synchronize, and then click Next.
- Depending on the version of ActiveSync, you may be asked whether you want to enable wireless connections. Select or clear the check box and then click Next.
· Click Finish. ActiveSync synchronizes the selected information types.
Scenario: I have a lot of important information on my handset. Is there any way I can keep a secured backup of my device?
Solution: Microsoft provides a unique solution to Windows Mobile 6.5 handsets to help you backup and restore your device.
- Back-up and restore sync service through Microsoft My Phone
- My Phone service synchronizes your phone’s contacts, calendar, tasks, text messages, music, photos, videos, and other documents with you’re my Phone account at http://myphone.microsoft.com.
- Press Windows > tap Microsoft My Phone > the setup wizard will start, choose Next > next will be Terms and Agreements, select Accept to continue and proceed > you will sign in with a Windows Live ID (@msn, @hotmail or @live account required), then tap Sign in > choose a synchronization method, then tap Next > select the type of data that you’d like synced for back up or restore, then tap Next > setup is complete.
- Run Setup Wizard
- A Setup Wizard is available in the phone to help walk through setup of several features and functions of the handset. Also very easy to re-access or add information to already setup features.
- Available by pressing Windows > Getting Started.
- Also on Home Screen under Getting Started until removed.
- Add A Contact
- From Home Screen select Contacts Button > select New Contacts button.
- Press Windows > tap Contacts > tap New Contacts button.
- Press Call/Answer button > type in phone number > tap Menu button > select Save to Contacts
- Take a Picture
- Press camera key on side of phone (slide camera icon down to record video)
- Press Windows Key > select Camera (slide camera icon down to record video)
- Send SMS/MMS message
- Press Windows > tap Message > tap New Message > choose and select from Text, Picture, Video Message
- Add Signature to SMS messages
- Press Windows > tap Message > select Settings > on General Settings tab, mark Use signature > type a signature in the signature box provided
- View Pictures
- From Home Screen scroll up to Pictures > swipe left or right to preview, tap to bring full screen
- Press Windows > tap Pictures & Videos
- Set Wallpaper
- Follow View Pictures process > tap Menu > choose Set as Home Background
- Log-in to Instant Messaging
- Press Windows > tap Mobile IM > select from AIM, Windows Live or Yahoo! to sign in.
- Start Voice Command
- Press and hold Call/Answer key.
- Download Applications
- (Certified applications are available through Marketplace) Press Windows > tap Marketplace. Apps can be sorted by category, date posted, or if apps have cost or free.
- Access SNS
- Facebook and MySpace are available and can be downloaded for free from Marketplace > once installed, press Windows for program menu > Select Facebook or MySpace, etc. to sign in.
- Set-up Email
- Fathom has 2 different Email Clients. One is Windows created (E-mail) and one is Verizon created (Mobile Email). Email access will vary and is determined by carrier required data plan. If exchange email is not working, chances are data plan is incorrect for carrier to allow access. Both allow access to POP3 and IMAP4 email accounts. Mobile Email is very user friendly and good interface. E-mail will allow you to setup Outlook or Exchange Email.
- Press Windows > tap Mobile Email > choose email service provider or select Other > Enter email address and password
- Press Windows > tap E-Mail > select Setup E-mail > enter email address and password > enter server settings or have system attempt to automatically detect
- Set Calendar
- From Home Screen scroll down and highlight Calendar > Scroll left or right to choose New Appointment > tap to select and enter new calendar entry
- Press Windows > tap Calendar > press Menu icon > Select New Appointment
- Change views of Calendar by pressing Calendar icon. Continue to press to cycle through Daily, Hourly, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly views
- Set Phone Lock
- Press Windows > tap Settings > tap Lock > assign PIN or password to be required for phone to unlock
- Set/Turn on/off Gesture Unlock
- Under Phone Lock settings, flick screen left or right to Gesture Unlock > check box to turn on/off Gestures > use Add or Delete to change programs that can be accessed. Maximum of 7 programs at a time.
- If Gestures are not working to unlock programs from lock screen, gesture letter may have been changes in gesture unlock settings.
- Launch Music / Video
- From Home Screen scroll to highlight Music > flick left or right to preview music library > tap to play
- From Lock Screen flick left or right on Time / Date stamp > press Play icon to play last music playlist
- Press Windows > tap Windows Media > tap Menu then Library to select from Music or Video files
- To use Active Sync
- Plug device into PC using supplied Micro USB cable. Upon plug in, Windows Active Sync Setup Wizard should launch. Go through Wizard to enter Server information for Exchange server sync. Select which information you want to sync and from which location you’d like it to retrieve the information from. Once Wizard is completed, Active Sync will push information off of computer or server into handset.
- Set Favorites
- From Home Screen scroll up to Favorite Contacts > tap to add new Favorite Contact
- Flick left or right to select from Favorites then tap to select.
- Home Screen shortcut icons
- If Home Screen is set to Windows Default, many options will have shortcuts to the most used functions at the bottom of the screen. Highlight the options and watch the shortcut icons change at the bottom of the screen.
- Access files stored on system and removable memory
- Press Windows > tap File Explorer
- Use Menu icon for additional commands and functions. Remember Windows Mobile tap and hold to bring up additional commands and functions on files as well.
- Set an Alarm
- Press Windows > Tap Alarms
- Up to 3 different alarms can be set. Alarms can be customized by time of day, days of the week and ringtones.
- Change default Notification / Ringtones
- Press Windows > tap Settings > tap Sounds & Notifications > flick left or right to change from Sounds, Notifications, Vibrations.
- Event drop-down list will allow you to choose which type of notification you’d like to change to ringtone for.
- Set Caller ID Tones
- Press Windows > tap Contacts > tap a contact to edit > flick left to enter the Info screen > tap Set Ringtone
- Add Picture ID to Contact
- Press Windows > tap Contacts > tap a contact to edit > on Communicate screen, tap picture sillouette > assign picture from gallery.