Smartphone May Madness 2013 by LG Forum
Cast your vote for each Smartphone Match-up for whichever phone you believe is the better device! Please do some research on each phone to cast an honest vote instead of voting based off your manufacturer preference.
Each round will last 5 days and the Smartphone Championship match-up will last 6 days. Each community member/user gets one vote per match-up, per round. You have the allotted days for each round to cast your vote by simply replying to this thread with the device names you believe to be the better Smartphone. The voting begins tomorrow at Midnight May 10th, MST!
Share this thread with your friends and family! Everyone is welcome to join in on the madness! On May 31st we will crown a Smartphone Champion, who will take home the glory? Cast your vote and find out! (Click on bracket to enlarge the photo and see the match-ups and great smartphones involved in this tournament challenge!)
How to use QuickMemo and it's new features on Jelly Bean 4.1.2
LG has created QuickMemo, an exclusive feature that allows users to handwrite personal notes, draw quick sketches, and jot down ideas, or save memos to the photo gallery or share them via text message, email, and social networks. It is quick and easy to access, just press the up & down Volume Buttons simultaneously and you'll immediately capture a screen image! QuickMemo captures everything that matters to you, whether it's a sneak peek at a new car, a map, a fashion accessory too good to keep to yourself or a key paragraph in a business document. Quick, you've got the image! Just as quick, you're adding your own words and messaging, and communicating on a whole new level.
Recent updates to QuickMemo with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system have added more cool features within QuickMemo which allow users to navigate their phone while keeping a note on the screen so they don’t have to keep switching between screens nor memorize something like phone number! These new QuickMemo features are available on following LG devices: Lucid 2, Optimus L9, Optimus G, Spectrum 2 and the new Optimus G Pro. In this example we will be using the T-Mobile Optimus L9 on its recently updated OS of Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
How to BackUp Your Android Phone
It seems as if there are an infinite number of ways to backup your Android device, and a lot of them are intimidating. Many pepole have been using apps such as Titanium to do this for years, but the problem with this approach is they required rooting your phone which is not recommended for the average user. At LGForum we love to give out simple, easy to follow advice and below is our best advice around backup, sync, and restore.
Recently Google has added Backup services built into Android which make restoring your phone much easier. And there are a slew of amazing cloud services to not only keep your phone backed up but allow you to sync and share files across many devices and computers to make life simple and stress free. USB is the "old" way, CLOUD is the "new" way of doing things...let's get started!
Troubleshooting Low Memory on Android
Android has various problems when it runs out of memory, one of the most common problems you'll encounter is not being able to send or receive TXT messages. So, what do you do when your phone tells you it's low on memory? Here is the best advice we've pulled out of our forums from many threads discussing this very topic!
Note: This How-To document primarily applies to phones that shipped prior to Android 4.0 ICS which use a different memory partition scheme than phones that shipped with ICS. Some items may not apply if you have a device that shipped with 4.0 or later.
1) Ensure you have an SD card installed in your phone.
2) Move apps to your SD card: Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Select an app -> Move to SD card.
Note: This is not available in phones shipping with Android 4.0 or later. Some apps are not capable of being moved to the SD card.
3) Move ALL media files to SD card (music, videos, etc). Using a file manager app such as Astro makes this process easy.
4) Delete TXT and MMS messages (you can back them up to your PC with 3rd party tools)
5) Empty Browser History and Cache (While in Browser app: Menu -> More -> Settings)
6) Delete all apps you do not use
7) Turn off all widgets. (They use up battery, cpu, and memory)
8) Do not install apps that run in the background
9) In extreme cases it may be best to do a full reset on the phone (deletes ALL apps and data). This allows you to start with a clean slate. At that point you can start adding content and apps back slowly to your phone and it will make it easier to troubleshoot what is causing the low memory situtation.
10) There are also apps in the Android Play store which allow you to tweak settings and what apps are loaded into memory during launch process which some might find useful in very low memory situations...but we don't recommend using these apps unless you cannot resolve low memory any other way.
LG Viper LG840 How Do I Videos
How to switch between 4G / 3G in non 4G areas
Major update to LGForum.com...where are my topics?
LGForum.com was integrated with Get Satisfaction on 4/16/2012. If you're a veteran user of LGForum then you may be a bit confused on the drastic change of our Forum pages. We are here to help, so please reach out to us if you have ANY questions or feedback about this transition.
Please direct your questions to our new forum where we will be ready to answer: http://support.lgforum.com.